Doug Allen's First Step to Million Dollar Profits -Clarity

Hi, this is Doug Allen.

I've included an excerpt from my book "Million Dollar Profits" below.  Everybody wants step-by-step "secret formulas" for getting rich.  Well this isn't a secret, but it is a step-by-step, easily duplicated process.

But you have to actually do it.  If you read it and then don't follow through, it's going to do you no good.

So what's the first step?  Getting clear and specific on your goals.
=============================================


And by clear, I mean specific goals and specific time frames to reach the goals.
First Step to Closing Your Financial Gap –Clarity

Wealth Mastery was the very first Tony Robbins live event I ever attended.  I thought I was going to an investment seminar.  Instead it was like a nothing I’ve ever been too.  Sort of like a rock concert except you learn valuable stuff and you want to keep in touch with the people you sit next too.

I went to the seminar thinking I was going to learn some investing strategies.  I had already done the Personal Power tapes, and had amazing results just from following what Tony said to do.  In fact, if I was on my death bed, and my children were beside me, and I could whisper just one last sentence, it would be, “Just do what Tony tells you to do… and be happy.”

The thing is most of the time if you do what Tony tells you to do you WILL be happy too.  Funny how that works…

Anyway…

I went to Wealth Mastery, and it was like a 5-day Date with Destiny/UPW combined, along with intense sessions on strategies.  Plus a lot of massaging your neighbor during breaks.

Tony didn’t teach all the strategies himself.  Chuck Mellon and Tom McCarthy did a lot of the strategy sessions.  But then Tony came in and debriefed the organizing principles about WHY the strategies worked.

What Tony is brilliant at, among other things, is seeing patterns

When he sees patterns that produce consistent results he calls them organizing principles. 

For example, when I did Trainer Academy back in the day, the first night’s homework assignment was reading Tony’s debriefs of all the major psychological techniques, from Gestalt to Freudian therapy, to NLP.  Tony then broke down what worked about each technique, what didn’t work, and the organizing principles of changing behavior.

So when it comes to seeing patterns and figuring out the organizing principles, Tony’s the man.  There’s probably never been anybody in history that’s had this gift at the level that Tony does.

So when Tony started talking about the organizing principles of wealth, one of the first principles was getting clear on what you wanted

Too many people start off with a very vague idea of what they want.  They say things like, “I want to make more money,” or “I want to be rich.”  Or worse, they say what they don’t want –things like, “I don’t want to struggle from paycheck to paycheck anymore.”

So the first step I took to go from making my $60,000 a year to making millions of dollars was this: 

I got clear on my goals. 



Only by starting from a place of clarity can you know what direction to take, and more importantly, be able to measure your results and modify your actions if you’re not hitting your targets. 

So if you’re not where you want to be financially, the first question I would ask is exactly where DO you want to be and by when??

To answer that question you’re going to have to get clear on what you want, and when you want it.

Now truth be told I didn’t set out to have a goal to make $2.2 million in one day within 18 months of doing Wealth Mastery.  My short term goal was to make $20,000.  My mid-term goals was to make $300,000 in 5-years so I could pay for my kids’ school.

So I overshot my goals a little bit.  Nothing wrong with that… J

Which leads to the next step…
=========================


The next step will be in tomorrow's post..... the next step is all about going from hoping you'll hit you're goals to KNOWING you'll hit your goals.  The next step is getting certain that you must change, you can change, and you will change your financial life.


Leave your comments on facebook....http://www.dougallen.com



 
About | Privacy | Contact
Real Time Web Analytics